Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Sleek and Spare

Yesterday I went over to Ljubljana for the first time in what felt like ages. It was a bit of a shambles. I had to meet a colleague for dinner and as I waited I realized my phone had run out of credit and was running low on juice. Alas I missed meeting with the fantastic Dr. Fil, and so I ended up meandering through a very bizarre exhibit at Mestni Muzej, where I encountered a hyper little pig with a small video camera on its back walking around the space and wagging its tail. Despite that and my general aversion to going back into the cold, I was too incredibly bored after about five minutes to stand around there any longer, and so I left. I walked the cold streets of Ljubljana a bit more and ended up at Cankarjev Dom where I went to catch three New York grand dames of avant- garde jazz. I am no big fan of the genre but I needed a little culture in my life. It was an interesting show.

Anyway, here are some pictures.