Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From Laibach to 50 Cent: The Magic of Ljubljana

I am sitting here now considering whether or not to go see Laibach tomorrow, and I just came across this.



Now I would probably never go see 50 Cent in America ever. I am definitely a hip-hop fan, but hip-hop shows are notoriously not very dynamic. However, in this case, there is this little part of me that is curious to watch the spectacle of a hip-hop show here as I'd probably be the only non-performing black person there. It'd be like the old Apollo in Harlem or something with all white audiences watching black people shimmy and shake across the stage. I am curious whether I would cry or laugh or double over in pain. I guess the only way to know is to go. I wonder whether Laibach might show up?

1 comments:

Tina. said...

You should go to both. Have fun!