Monday, October 29, 2007

Radovljica of Old

I had some business to do in staro mesto (old town) Radovljica, so I decided it was a good excuse for a picture post. Hurray!


this is a statue of Josipina Hočevar (a benefactor of Radovljica)


roller blading girls


war monument



a tree


the gate in front of a stately home


an old see-saw that i thought was an art installation but was just an old see-saw




in New York, my default bar is Max Fish. in Radovljica this is our Max Fish. alas, i won't be sitting next to sean lennon here (like i did at the fish), but at least i dont have to take a cab or wait in a freezing cold train station in order to get home. ahh, the little things.


more trees






the municipal building. all the city museums are in this building. also the music school and a few other things.





The only proof I've seen--so far-- that Halloween is celebrated here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the statue of Josipina Ho�evar :)
Like your blog very much. Keep it up ;)

Camille Acey said...

Thanks for that information, I will make the correction.
Thanks for reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

It's my duty (joke :) ) As a citizen of Wheelville!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the town! :D I like the blog, a lot, great photos :)

Camille Acey said...

@ Ales,
Hvala, sosed! Kako ste me najtel?