Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Great Escape!




These past few days have marked the one year anniversary of my first visit to Slovenia. Conveniently, the past few days have also been national holidays here. In honor of all these momentous occasions, I am following the cue of everyone else and getting out of Slovenia. The Captain, Captain's Mama (CapMom), and I are going on the annual 1st May trip to Munich. This will be my first ever trip to Germany, and my mother informs me I will be shocked at the cleanliness. As per habit, I will certainly be traipsing those glisteningly clean streets in search of all the purchasables that I cannot purchase here. Expect a full report-back next week.

In the meantime, I just came across this link to Tuesday's United States Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (Helsinki Commission)'s hearing on The State of (In)visible Black Europe: Race, Rights & Politics...if anyone is looking for any light holiday reading.

Oh and congrats to Congolese-born Jean-Leonard Touadi (former deputy mayor of Rome) for becoming Italy (our neighbor to the west) 's first black MP. Africa is on the move!

1 comments:

Tina. said...

Have fun, and I'm looking forward to your report.