Saturday, May 31, 2008

Both Sides Now

I saw Serena Williams looking mighty sad and disappointed about her French Open loss yesterday but I didn't notice who she'd lost to. I picked up the newspaper this morning to find that she actually got walloped by Slovenian Katarina Srebotnik.



Quote in the Telegraph...

"The wonderfully named Srebotnik sounds like something that should be in orbit, not a professional tennis player. It was her lucky day yesterday."

*eye roll*


So anyway, congrats to Ms. Srebotnik. Thanks for getting the country on the map a little. Yes, you got it right, when it comes to winning, sometimes I gotta play both teams.

2 comments:

Tina. said...

Yay for Srebotnik!
And I know what you mean about rooting for the both sides. :)

Felicity said...

You win some, you lose some!