Monday, April 13, 2009

Two Other Updates

Update#1
For those of you who read this post with interest, I just wanted to let you know that I succeeded in finding not only one great black girlfriend but TWO. They both have quite different backgrounds from me, but we can come together over the experiences we've had living here, our general experiences in the world, and our mutual love of life! I am so grateful for these special new friends.

Update #2
Thanks to any and all who lent any support to the intrepid young artists of Swimming Seas of Serinissima, they report that they have found housing and are now beginning to build their boat at the marina in Akaran. More info here.

2 comments:

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

Hi Camille, glad to hear you have found some "like-looking" and like-minded friends - I also have my Scandinavian crowd here in Ghana, dont know what I'd do without them at times. FInally I have gotten around to add your blog to the list of blogs I read. Stay well!

Camille Acey said...

Thanks Kajsa! I love your blog and always send my friends and family the latest news from yours and Maja's blog. Ghana is changing so fast! My mother arrived in Ghana a few weeks ago and one of the first things she saw was the ambulances donated by Iran. Also her friends just opened this place - http://www.ghanacanadamedical.com/
do you know it?

I hope we can meet when I come to Ghana this year. My old lady is in community (or should i just saw "comiti"?) 9!