Monday, March 10, 2008

The Champions



Yesterday we trekked over to Kranjska Gora for the Vitranc World Cup. I'd hoped to go on Saturday to see Magnifico, but the Captain couldn't make it. Anyway, this marked the first time I've ever seen anyone ski. I mean I've seen skiing on television but never in person. It was pretty exciting, though watching one of the contestants wipe-out made me pretty content not to try it myself. Though I've been informed that if I want to keep my spot in this family I will indeed have to ski. I am going to resist as best I can, but if the going gets tough, I will park myself on a kiddie slope.

Anyway here are some more pictures.











After Kranjska Gora and a bit of light hiking, etc., we went to this weird gostilna that had fair/decent food....











... and two live bears in a cage! It was really off-putting. I know I eat meat and all, but I still do think that animals should be treated with some dignity while alive. The state of those bears was just pitiful. I don't know if what the "owners" are doing is legal in this country, but if it is then someone should pass some law against it. If it is illegal then they should give those bears their freedom immediately. Yikes!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to that gostilna once and I'm pretty sure I left hungry...

And you have to give skiing a try, it is the most amazing feeling of being free. Watching a WC race live is pretty cool, too.

Tina. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Well, except for the bear thing. :(