taken from Madame K in her My So-Called Life in France
I don't like to do memes, but I find people usually like to read them.
The idea is to highlight the stuff you've done.
1. Started your own blog. (Too many to count)
2. Slept under the stars. (I think this was during Girl Scouts or something)
3. Played in a band (I managed and booked a ton of bands, but I myself have very little musical talents. Nonetheless, I sang in choirs in elementary school and I can play basic accordion....don't ask.)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain ( I'm sure The Captain will force me to do this soon)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. (Despite my lack of musical talent!)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.(I need to go again)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child. (This seems an odd thing to have on a list of once in a lifetime things)
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (No one who lives in New York wastes their time with this unless they are forced to go on a school trip)
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. (I crashed a car and after getting out of the podunk emergency room I had no other way to get to civilization)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.(Why is this here? Who hasn't done this?)
24. Built a snow fort. (I think I helped with one...)
25. Held a lamb. (They have them next door, I should just run over...)
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (Seems like a tourist trap to me)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. (Brief one to Mexico, it rained the whole time.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Not sure exactly what this means, but considering I stood in a house in Ghana where my great grandfather was buried beneath the floor boards and some of my cousins were still living, I think I got this covered.)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (I'm mostly self-taught in Slovenian but I am reaching the limits.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Between high school and college I had a couple thousand in savings, no bills, and nothing I really wanted except to get to college. It was nice).
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (this is not on my list of important things....)
39. Gone rock climbing (I think my fear of heights is not on the top of my list of things to get over)
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karoke. (I had a crush on Pablo Schreiber, brother of Liev, who I'd worked with on a film. A few weeks after the film wrapped, a bunch of us went to Winnie's in Chinatown. I sang Stuck In The Middle With You from Reservoir Dogs. All I remember afterwards is Pablo coming up to me saying "Camille, you shouldn't have done that." Every time I see him on TV, it all comes flooding back. )
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (The Captain and I were conned into this. My mother pushed us into it.)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (Aforementioned car accident)
47. Had your portrait painted
One of my portraits was featured in this show. That's my eye.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Still working on swimming)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (Here's my tiny IMDB entry)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen (I actually helped start one!)
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies ( Those cookies are a scam!)
62. Gone whale dolphin watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason (In an attempt to be Liberated NYC Girl (TM) I tried to make this a weekly ritual several times, but I was always either too lazy or too broke)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (Huge.)
71. Eaten Caviar (French class trip...I'm an escargot girl)
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job ( I was let go from a position I had in college for being too depressed about the job. I could have improved my mood and stayed but one can only get it up for selling postage stamps and renting graduation robes for so long before the thrill is officially gone)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. (Waste of time, imho)
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (I was written about in a book...)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (A coupla times. )
This is me in the New York Times in 2004...don't ask
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (I've been party to this but not actually done it all. Freshly slaughtered goat is the worst smell in the world. The worst.)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (I've had my life saved many many times. I owe the universe!)
90. Sat on a jury (I doubt I ever will. I am too disestablishmentarian too get my fair shake)
91. Met someone famous (I lived in New York...so nearly ever day. I danced to The Smiths with Mike Meyers. I sat with Amy Winehouse while she got a tattoo. I nearly got the beat down from Foxy Brown)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day ( I read two books in two days last week)
Ok, your turn.