Thursday, February 26, 2009

Black Expat Supastah



I'm sorry I haven't blogged more. I am working on a few other posts and should have them up soon.

So, two funny things happened today which made me feel slightly internet famous.

The first one was discovering that I was pictured on a page of very beautiful people on Le Coil.

The second one was being told by the lovely Adrienne, that I'd been profiled on Black Expat.com.

I'd completely forgotten that I'd responded to this interview. It was quite a while ago, and my life and opinions have already changed so much that I might have to do an update to many of the questions. But it is definitely a good snapshot of one moment in my time. Check it out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your update :-)

But, tell, me what exactly do you mean by "most people still dry their clothes on the lines outside?"

Camille Acey said...

I meant as opposed to an electric dryer. But I've come to find out that a lot of people really do have electric dryers, they just don't use them to excess like Americans do.

Anonymous said...

THX, once again you made me want to think again about something I considered self-evident (= that in general, people mostly dry their clothes on clothes lines, "general" meaning Slovenia and Germany)

Anonymous said...

"...it like Slovakia and Macedonia were able to avoid much of the chaos and war that shattered other Balkan states during their independence in the 1990s..." (from the article on blackexpat.com)

Here it goes again :). Slovakia has nothing to do with ex-Yugoslavia or the Balkan, so in this context it is really out of place. Well ...

Camille Acey said...

Jure,my dear,
I didn't write the article. I didn't even see it before they published it. I know FULL WELL that Slovakia is not in the Balkans. Maybe you should write the author and educate her.

Anonymous said...

Camille,
this was just my observation, I know you did not write the article. And I am not on a crusade to educate people around the world about the differences between Slovenia and Slovakia. Hell, even I had problems recently to distinguish the languages when I was offered "slovenčina" and "slovenščina".